Thread: Porsche Cayman
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2019, 06:59 PM   #88 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCanadian View Post
Yup, it!s fun to kick the tires on a few sport cars, and this is a great time to be shopping for that sort of thing. As you say, we’re at the peak of the petrol-fuelled horsepower age. Future gains will almost certainly be from hybrid or electric powertrains. Nothing wrong with that, but this is likely the best time in the history of the automobile to buy a high quality new or nearly new internal combustion performance sports car (especially if you lust after a clutch pedal).

So go out and try a few. At worst, you will have fun and make your decision a little more complex for a while. At best, you will know with certainty the route that you should take.

As long as you are doing so, try a few of the outliers listed here. They won’t likely sway you from the Cayman, but after you have purchased, you will be less inclined to cheat on it with another hot car! ;-). Life’s about the experiences you have and the memories that you make. Not about stressing over things that should / could be fun!

Enjoy the process. I’ll bet you still come home with a Cayman of some description. But at least you can say you’ve driven an AMG, Alfa, //M, high-performance Audi, GT-R, or whatever else tickles your fancy!
I have gone through this same process in my head so many times as I wait for my motor to be built for the Z. I generally end up at the same place. My Z will be faster than any production car and cost me less if nothing else in insurance, monthly payments, registration and maintenance. It doesn't get me any luxury or modern tech. Speaking of dream cars, I drove past a Lexus FLA that was pulling out of gas station today. What a beautiful car. Speaking of which, Lexus F-Sport is in the league as the M4. The more I see them I like them even more.
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|
Hotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote