View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 06:08 PM   #169 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidus View Post
The secret sauce is spot on. I was launching at an rpm that almost stalled trying to avoid spin, second and third were pedaling and even 4th trying to roll in was still spinning. I missed shift 2 times and grinded a gear once and in each of those situations it was a wrap as far as making it up. There was really no room for a mistake. The difference and mistake I think I made was trying to let traction control do the work. It did get me from 148 to 151 going from 20% to 100% but I think if I had dropped it to 0 and did butter soft launches and modulated till I could WOT it , I would've picked up a few mph. I also wish I could've used my Map 4 but I'm still happy with what happened because now I know. And we're all old enough to know "G.I. Joe" said "Knowing is half the battle. "
Don't feel bad. I missed one shift from 2nd to 3rd and another one I went from 2nd to 5th. I have no idea how I did that. LOL I still ran a 152mph though. You asked me earlier in the day and I told you I just drove the car with no traction control. I had to think about how to tell you how I did it.

Last edited by Spooler; 10-23-2019 at 07:13 PM.
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote