View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 12:07 PM   #338 (permalink)
FPenvy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCanadian View Post
GTR has all the weight of an electric, without the instant torque.

(how do you like me now)

I'd take a lighter car for performance and handling (as well as the cost of consumables) any day. Braking and turning will be night and day different for 400 fewer pounds and a mid-engine layout, unless they really screwed up the Vette's suspension - something that it does not appear they have done.

Kudos to GM - looks so far like a respectable entry. We'll see how it fares (value and reliability wise), but it seems to make a great first impression.

But you might be right to wait until 2022, as there will be better variants coming down the pipe. Whether or not they keep the relative value that this car represents in future, remains to be seen.
have you ever launched a GTR? i'd say the torque is 100% there lol

but yes, if i ever would go vette it would be a C8 Z06 at the minimum.

also, i'm still holding out some hope that the newest info i heard regarding the next Z is true.
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony
FPenvy is offline   Reply With Quote