View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 08:54 AM   #53 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Nismo#91 View Post

When I started off I always wished I had less power and so the turns wouldn't come up as fast and there was more time to think. I feel somewhat bad for the newer muscle car owners coming to the track who have it even worse.

Building a race car is always expensive, buying a race car that has already been built is always the cheapest. Two 370z for sale on racingjunk.com now, either will be at least competitive one would destroy 911s and comes with all the big ticket spare parts.
I am not ashamed to say I did it wrong. I thought I was just building a fast street car and then I decided to go to the track. Yes the car made me fast but it definitely hindered my learning curve because the better you get with fast car, the you go and the more you are asking it to kill you. So my advise to those that want to be a fast diver is to spend $6 to $8k on a Miata and go have fun for a couple of years. You can sell the car for what you paid for it and put into your build or faster race car.
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|
Hotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote