View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 04:19 AM   #51 (permalink)
AlWakRa
Track Member

Drives: 10 370Z PW 6MT
AlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz View Post
Biggest upgrade in time is, and will always be, a big sticky tire. Aero, Diff and motorsports grade ABS round out the top 4. I run anywhere from a 275 to 315 Hoosier A on 11's. The diff is a custom set-up OSG. You can build a 370 or 350 to outrun a 991.2 (as it sits on the showroom floor) for a single lap for less than 50-60k including the price of the car. It will be fragile and a car that is not going to be ok to drive on the street, however.
This is part of what I was saying, to leave the car streatable, he should look at 997 GT3 or Cayman GT4 performance. 991.1 GT3 level is possible without a major power upgrade but it will not be streetable anymore, he will need to gain time with braking/ turn speed/ and exit. Porsches aren't the fastest around corners in stock form, their strong point that they provide a perfect balance between drivability, corner speed and power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodz View Post
I think the best thing that has happened for me is that I blew my engine lol. I bought a Miata that my brother is going to buy from me when my new motor is built and I get the Z back. The Miata is a great car for learning how to drive faster. I am starting to run time with the mid pack of the Spec Miata race group run and having a ball chasing much faster cars around the track with all of 118whp. Save your money on building the car and just go to the track, get instruction and practice, practice, practice. You will be surprised at what that will do in achieving your goal.
Agree, slow cars make you a better driver, as you try to maximize your turn in speed and speed corner to cover for lack of power on exit, you reach the edge of traction without killing yourself .
AlWakRa is offline   Reply With Quote