View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 08:05 PM   #447 (permalink)
DrBacon
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2014 Nismo
DrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Z"en View Post
Looking good. There seems to be no belt dust. Check if there is leak from the intake pipes, silicone hoses, gaskets, and/or valve. I'm always interested in the design and actual performance of the E370, especially its 2-1 Y section where there seems to be only one single 3-3.25" pipe as the merge collector. I think it does help advance the scavenging effect but dunno if this will cause back pressure to hinder CFM of big power. From their web info, it seems the exhaust is capable of supporting 700-hp output. Let us know the dyno results and type of fuel you use when you have them (if possible). Guess this is the only way to justify the hypothesis of the restriction (whether it does flow freely or not).
I was planning on doing the dyno next week, the local shop has an opening, however I did a small 4th gear pull and it feels like my poor stock clutch is already trying to slip. I need to take care of that first unfortunately, it would just be a waste of money if it slips while on the dyno. I did around 4 data logged full throttle pulls today, and checked around the belts and there is zero rubber/belt dust anywhere that I could see. The boost pressure is seemingly inconsistent, I really don't trust this MAP sensor so I'm ordering a boost gauge now. According to the MAP sensor I hit 0.80 bar (11.6psi) at anywhere from 6,300 to 6,600 rpm. The last pull I did peaked at 0.90 bar (13psi) at 6,800 before again, falling off to around 0.80 bar by redline.
DrBacon is offline   Reply With Quote