View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 08:39 PM   #25 (permalink)
USMCram
Track Member

Drives: 2019 718 Cayman
USMCram has a reputation beyond reputeUSMCram has a reputation beyond reputeUSMCram has a reputation beyond reputeUSMCram has a reputation beyond reputeUSMCram has a reputation beyond reputeUSMCram has a reputation beyond reputeUSMCram has a reputation beyond reputeUSMCram has a reputation beyond reputeUSMCram has a reputation beyond reputeUSMCram has a reputation beyond reputeUSMCram has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@ZSpeed View Post
On the JWT clutch you need to ensure that the fingers of the pressure plate are not hitting the center of the clutch disk at full stroke (pedal on floor) I have seen quite few of the JWT have interference issues when new. If the pressure plate fingers hit the disk when you have the pedal to the floor it can cause shifting issues and cause gear grinds.

You can normally tell this is happening at idle as well, if you push the pedal all the way to floor you can normally hear it scrape a little and can also cause it to be hard to get into gear. if you let up a little it will go right into gear.
Thanks for the info, Joe. I'll try and check it out tomorrow and see what the issue is. I really appreciate your input.
USMCram is offline   Reply With Quote