View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 05:59 PM   #31 (permalink)
MZ DAIZY
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Miss Daisy
MZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeshear View Post
Love the Z to drive, but I have to say, in some aspects I agree w/ some of the reviewers at least. I think at this stage in the lifecycle of the car, I'd expect the price to have dropped somewhat. For the price (new), I don't think it's exactly a bargain in any category, whether that's performance, luxury, technology, etc. This is evident when compared to some of the current crop of sports cars in a similar price bracket, and dare I say, even compared to a 5 year old mustang.

But that's not the point of sports cars in a lot of ways. If you're buying a Z new, you wanted a Z specifically because it meant something to you. I think the argument for a used 370z is much more reasonable. A couple of known issues that can be fixed, with otherwise good reliability, solid power, good handling, good aftermarket support, and good looks.

Personally, what pushed me over towards the Z was the reliability, with the caveat that the CSC would need to be replaced eventually (which I did) and an oil cooler added for track work (which I did). The other cars are newer and they are faster and if that's all you're looking for, the Z isn't right. All that matters is that it checks the right boxes for the buyer, like it did for you or me. I guess it doesn't check the right ones for some of the reviewers, but oh well, you can't please everyone.
You lost me at Mustang. Mustangs are NOT sports cars. Just sayin’
MZ DAIZY is offline   Reply With Quote