View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 08:55 AM   #14 (permalink)
vipor
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nismo 09-0183 QAB
vipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
This is common, but more so in the cold. The reason is, with the clutch out, the input shaft to the transmission is spinning, when you clutch in the input shaft continues to spin for a second or two from residual momentum which gives you time to select a gear. When the fluid is cold the input shaft will stop spinning very quickly due to the highly viscous fluid quickly robbing the input shaft of its momentum. When the shaft is not spinning it is a crapshoot as to whether or not it will actually engage a gear.
Did some double-pumping this morning and it made 1st a breeze. Guess I'll have to make that a habit when I first start her on a cold morning.

2009 NISMO # 0193 | QAB | Albums! | 05.04.10 (Dynojet) 291.94hp/248.28tq
Oil Cooler (DIY) | Custom Headlights | GTSPEC Braces | F.I. Long Tube Headers
vipor is offline   Reply With Quote