View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 10:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jayhovah
Premium Member

Drives: 520whp Fire Breather
Jayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond repute
Default BOV options, maintenance, location discussion

When I first TT'd my Z, I didn't realize my Turbosmart BOV's were a maintenance item (lube at every oil change IIRC)... I went about 15k miles before one of them got stuck and I finally popped them out and lubricated. At that time, they were already looking pretty worn out due to the lack of maintenance, I assume.

Between remodeling my house and getting a work-from-home type of job, my Z has been a garage queen for a couple of years. Sitting for a week or two at a time seems to be resulting in the BOVs getting stuck more often (probably in combination with the premature wearing).

So - I have some questions.

1) Are there maintenance free BOV's out there? Eliminating this maintenance item would be awesome, especially if I am going to need to replace them soon anyway.

2) Is there a drawback to locating the BOV's downstream of the intercoolers?
Right now mine are installed on the IC inlets, behind the front bumper. If I can't replace with a maintenance-free valve, I'd like to relocate to a more serviceable location.

What do you guys think?
The current BOVs that shipped with my kit are TS Plumb-back type, though they are vented to atmosphere.
Originally Posted by redondoaveb
You've got a twin turbo sound system, I think you met your audio goals.
Jayhovah is offline   Reply With Quote