View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 07:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Ratatouille89
Base Member

Drives: 14 Nissan 370z
Ratatouille89 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
I took a look at this fitment industries website and it's the most worthless piece of crap ever. It's based on a buncha manufacturers "recommended" specs which are ultra conservative. Definitely maybe by someone who has no clue about the actual platform itself.

10.5 is probably the minimum anyone should run in the back of a Z, its what the stock Nismo has.

Things to consider before buying wheels:

18's will have the best functionality because there are lots of tire choices at better prices and the least weight; however, they look stupid on a Z because they're so small. Brake clearance may also be an issue, but thats true of all diameters as face design plays the biggest role there

20's look the best but tires are expensive, wheels are expensive, and they're gonna be the heaviest.

19's can be a good compromise but tires still aren't cheap.

Everyone that tracks recommends as much tire in front because the Z suffers from some understeer. The preferred setup is 18x10.5 or 18x11, around +15 or so at all four corners, with 285 or 275 tires square. If you push significantly more power than stock (i.e. turbo), then you'll need more rear tire

To fit a wheel/tire like that in front is going to require camber adjustment and potentially fender mods. That means getting the SPL Front upper Control arm which provides camber/caster adjustment (factory has zero adjustment). The rear arms are needed to dial in your alignment in the rear as well

A common street setup is:
19x9.5 +22, 265/35r19
19x10.5 +12, 305/30r19

Most good wheels come in similar spec, should not rub, should not require custom alignment (although that is always the proper way to do it)
Sweet, thnks for the advice, well appreciated. The roads here in korea have lots of bumps, speed bumps are illegally high, and drivers drive like they are about to kill you, and it's also illegal for the wheel to 'stick out'

19x9.5 +22, 265/35r19
19x10.5 +12, 305/30r19

seems pretty good for a stock 370z , lowered slightly on coilovers. but atm I'm too low that my exhaust has too many scrapes , would 19's increase overall ride height? I presume it would slightly.. (I'm pretty new to wheels so thnks for helping out)
Ratatouille89 is offline   Reply With Quote