View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 09:19 AM   #49 (permalink)
redondoaveb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Nismo Gunmetal
redondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by trangalang View Post
Thanks for the feedback guys. Removed the linkage dust boot today which was the main source of vibration.

I was referring to the linkage boot that sits underneath the car. Even with this removed, there is an additional rubber piece that sits around the shaft of the shifter. So I don't see the potential of dirt/debris making its way into your cabin. (refer to NorthStyle's photo):

Still getting another buzzing sound as revs climb in 2nd and 3rd gear. Next up, I'm guessing it's either the position of the red plate (that holds the rubber boot inside the cabin) or the lateral adjustment screws of for the reverse lockout.

Initial impressions - Definitely more on the expensive side in terms of short shifters. And it's a bit finicky when it comes down to installation/adjustment. But I'm not sure if there's anything for the 370Z platform that can give you the same "clunk" into gear feeling as this.

Let me know if you find out where the high rpm buzzing is coming from. Mine does the same and it seemed to me it might be coming from the inner cable vibrating against the outer cable on the reverse lockout.
Fast Intentions "Stage Seb" twin turbo #098- Specialty Z/Tial-Xonarotor/CJM/Ecutek/HKS/KW/SPL/Hotchkis/Rohana/Toyo
700+whp
redondoaveb is offline   Reply With Quote