View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 11:49 PM   #47 (permalink)
trangalang
Base Member

Drives: 2013 Midnight Blue
trangalang has a reputation beyond reputetrangalang has a reputation beyond reputetrangalang has a reputation beyond reputetrangalang has a reputation beyond reputetrangalang has a reputation beyond reputetrangalang has a reputation beyond reputetrangalang has a reputation beyond reputetrangalang has a reputation beyond reputetrangalang has a reputation beyond reputetrangalang has a reputation beyond reputetrangalang has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the feedback guys. Removed the linkage dust boot today which was the main source of vibration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Any concerns on that? I've had my Z on plenty of dusty dirt/gravel roads in the past. No longer my DD, so probably not as much of a concern in the future, but I certainly wouldn't want debris getting up into the shifter assembly. Is the coolerworx assembly better protected from the stock assembly such that the dust boot isn't necessary?
I was referring to the linkage boot that sits underneath the car. Even with this removed, there is an additional rubber piece that sits around the shaft of the shifter. So I don't see the potential of dirt/debris making its way into your cabin. (refer to NorthStyle's photo):

Still getting another buzzing sound as revs climb in 2nd and 3rd gear. Next up, I'm guessing it's either the position of the red plate (that holds the rubber boot inside the cabin) or the lateral adjustment screws of for the reverse lockout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milmast View Post
So at this point, the problems with the shifter have been resolved? To the guys that have installed them, do you have any final interior pics. I'm really leaning towards getting one
Initial impressions - Definitely more on the expensive side in terms of short shifters. And it's a bit finicky when it comes down to installation/adjustment. But I'm not sure if there's anything for the 370Z platform that can give you the same "clunk" into gear feeling as this.

Last edited by trangalang; 08-12-2019 at 11:56 PM.
trangalang is offline   Reply With Quote