View Single Post
Old 07-29-2019, 03:17 AM   #11 (permalink)
jchammond
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13’ 370Z TS 7A/T
jchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dts3 View Post
This is my current situation in case anyone is wondering

The threads on the rusty bolt are wet because it was failing to hold pressure before I put the Teflon tape on it. It sealed perfectly after that, but I did not take a picture.

On a side note...
Those streams of brake fluid sat on the caliper for a day and wiped off the powder coat immediately with Dawn and water. It didn't etch/eat the powder coat like some people say it does to paint, so I'm happy about that
You send it to Rusty & it’ll be good as new...a heli-coil is stronger than the aluminum, but if for some reason that you’ve cracked the caliper...then would probably need another one, or 1/2 one to build back up to spec

http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...s-musings.html
jchammond is offline   Reply With Quote