Thread: My 2010 Sport
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2019, 08:26 AM   #150 (permalink)
sirnixalot
Track Member

Drives: 2010 370Z
sirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond repute

So when I installed the first CMAK my dumb *** decided to put red loctite on the throw out bearing sleeve bolts, which for reference are allen head M6. I had to drill them out to remove the original.

In a successful "do not try this at home" moment I welded a nut to each of the broken bolts with my eyes closed. I usually keep my welding helmet in the daily but I forgot it at work yesterday.

With those gone

That OS Giken ready CMAK tho

I noticed that it's still weeping some transmission fluid from the bottom 2 bolts this morning. I'll have to drain the transmission, brake clean the holes and use some sealant on those bolts. Sounds easy enough till I realized we are out of Motul at work. Valvoline GL4 MTF it is.