View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 03:03 PM   #58 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec Jay View Post
Very interesting thread

If I remember right, SPL says that going from OEM bucket to true type increases effective spring rate by 1.66.

Currently running a custom front splitter with air dam with around +.5 degree AOA with 3" of protrusion. Rear wing is a Aeromotions 72" (DO NOT BUY. It works well but a **** company.) with 6 degreesl AOA. Spring rates are 14k F rear 12k in OEM bucket.

So if I went to a true type I'd need somewhere around 7.2kg springs to maintain the current balance.

Balance of the car is setup to be slightly neutral right now. with a degree less in the wing it was almost perfectly balanced.

I was running these spring rates without aero and now with. I definitely feel that I could use a bit more rate purely going off my amateur seat of pants feel.

Here's SPL's spring size calculator but it's where I grabbed the info about the spring location modifier (spring motion ratio)
http://www.splparts.com/content/SpringCalculator.xls
Thanks for the info as it is in line with much that has been posted. I am definitely running way to much rear wing for the my GT 300. I will be starting over as Daniel recommended: " Dial the center of the wing so the angle is actually more like -5 degrees to start with (with the front slightly higher than the rear of the wing), so it’s being used at its most efficient. Then, check for high speed understeer/oversteer and adjust from there.

If it has high speed understeer, lower the front of the car. If it has oversteer, maybe take the main plain of the wing to 0 degrees (parallel to the ground). If it still oversteers, raise the front of the car to reduce front down

I enjoy following you on Instagram!
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|
Hotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote