View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 12:28 PM   #531 (permalink)
cupcakez
Track Member

Drives: 2009-7AT-Base-Coup
cupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
You're driving it incredibly gently since the car isn't tuned for the way it sits now, right? You said "Driven for 100ish miles all kinds of hard and no code, nothing broke, all solid" which is a terrible idea until you get the car back to your tuner. Honestly, you probably should either immediately retune it or not drive it. Beating on it when it's tuned for a different setup is a quick way to blow the motor.
My friend was driving it unfortunately. lol.
If it was in my hands, it would be , as you say it, incredibly gentle.

He said he drove it all kinds of hard and logged it and everything and in his opinion .... says it's fine.

If something goes wrong in the future because of that well nothing I can do but sulk.
But I trust him since he has GTR Turbos in his car and is still running strong to this day.

It was tuned for everything except for the test pipes as soon as it was installed.

Eugene did tune it for 2 hours before the test pipes were in and now the only difference is test pipes between now and then.
Let us hope that the motor is still healthy lol T_T