View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 12:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlWakRa View Post
I went through their downforce guide and it is very helpful, I got convinced into getting only front splitter and rear wing for my planned aero, as they are the most simple and effective way to gain more/cleaner downforce.

and here is my car weight, very close to your car weight, but I think with half fuel tank.

( Click to show/hide )

Also, about spring rates, this is something I noticed when I got my mca reds, there was a big difference in front and rear, 21k/7k, when I had my rear height higher than fronts by around an inch, the car was nearly neutral, but when I tried with lower rear, around 0.5 inch higher, the car understeered at exit but my turn in was great. Many factors could affect understeer/oversteer, it could be adjusted easily unless it is undrivable.
Thanks for the information and yes Dan has been really helpful. I was only able to get one track day really with the true coilovers and it was kind of scary as I had two offs due oversteer. I could not trail brake because the rear end wanted to pass the front end as well. I don't know if I will end up as stiff as you are up front but probably pretty close to where you are in the rear. I generally run 0.5" of rake. It seems to work pretty well for me when go low with my ride height.
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|
Hotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote