View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 09:57 AM   #76 (permalink)
NissanTracker
Track Member

Drives: 07' Nismo, 14' Nismo
NissanTracker has a reputation beyond reputeNissanTracker has a reputation beyond reputeNissanTracker has a reputation beyond reputeNissanTracker has a reputation beyond reputeNissanTracker has a reputation beyond reputeNissanTracker has a reputation beyond reputeNissanTracker has a reputation beyond reputeNissanTracker has a reputation beyond reputeNissanTracker has a reputation beyond reputeNissanTracker has a reputation beyond reputeNissanTracker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Night View Post
Truth be told, this one singular part aside, the stillen SC kit has been perfect and 100% reliable
hmm.... well, I agree to an extent.

1) MAFS before the supercharger in front of the bumper is a terrible idea. Idle surge if those filters are not 100% blocked. Temperature difference is significant that if not tuned properly, your going to get varying results and can damage your engine. As far as I have read, people have blown their engines with Stillen's default tune. The 350z HR does not even have speed density tuning capability due to the lack of a MAP sensor. So this kit gets difficult to tune. A lot of "Correction" and "fudge factoring".

2) Their tune sucks. They should reduce it 500 dollars and make it a "tuner" kit... because I had to tune several times already. Probably a good 1,200-1,500 just in tuning fees.

3) The cable issue... which is F'n annoying as HELLL. I replaced BOTH throttle bodies trying to diagnose this. So, $600.00 more out of my pocket. Also sent it to a shop for vac/boost test...found nothing. another $240 for diagnostics. Replaced the bypass valve, another $200. So, instead of coming out and admitting that their cables suck, I'm down more money diagnosing their shitty cable, their shitty tune, and their shitty MAF design.

Lets put it this way. When Apple got caught slowing down phones, forcing users to upgrade, i switched to Android. Apple is dead to me. Yeah... Stillen is on my $h1t list.

Last edited by NissanTracker; 06-13-2019 at 10:00 AM.
NissanTracker is offline   Reply With Quote