Thread: Track Day Chat
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 04:01 PM   #60 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
That is the quest for everyone. It comes with more seat time I guess. On the dragon I am slow on the way down. Just waking up I guess. On the way back, I am usually cooking with grease. I have to make myself slow down a little so I don't get too carried away.
Seat and track time coupled with track familiarity is always the deal! Getting into the right mental state for me is like I said vision and relaxation. If I can rid myself of tension I am able to see and focus. It is the the same thing with hitting a baseball or a golf ball. I was an excellent curve ball hitter because I could see the dot the seams would make on the rotation of a curve ball and being relaxed help me with making adjustment to wait and hit it.

Downhill runs are always scarier than uphill runs because of simple physics and car dynamics. There is a reason that closed road time trial are called "Hill Climbs" because going uphill is significantly safer and and faster. That is if you stay on the asphalt!
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|
Hotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote