Thread: New clutch time
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2019, 08:17 PM   #65 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

I encountered the same issue when I dropped the transmission a while back. Jack was limiting factor on the lift - stands had plenty of room. Since I was only doing the Z1 CSCEK I was able to just slide the trans back down the tunnel a bit for enough room to work. I have decided I'll get another jack so I can remove it completely when I do the full clutch replacement.

I got the Torque Solution from Joe for transmission mount and CJM engine mounts. TBD on the engine mount install. I'll have enough stuff out like you I think I might be able to do with with just a hoist. But I'm planning to have a shop tear open the engine anyway for galley gaskets and oil pump gears, so I'm thinking it may be easiest to do them then.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |

Last edited by JARblue; 05-31-2019 at 08:19 PM.
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote