View Single Post
Old 05-25-2019, 09:42 PM   #97 (permalink)
cv129
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nismo, 16 Nismo
cv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Talked to Spencer about this brace at ZDayZ this month. He told me to send him an e-mail detailing the issues with the brace. So, I included this thread. Hoping this helps to improve it. The brace is a great idea, but just had poor follow through.
Bull chit......acting like this was never brought to Z1’s attention. You got him in person, face to face, he got nowhere to run but to appear as if it’s breaking news...

Quote:
This is the review that I'm posting again.

If you have exhaust like FI that are close to the diff. This brace won't fit unless you trim about 1 3/8" on the corner of the brace. The other problem is that the upper mounting hole does not line up with the hole in the sub-frame. It's off by a bolt hole diameter. They say to loosen the diff bolting up to the diff so that you can move the diff around and get the holes to line up. Problem is if you have a solid bushing like SPL. When tightening the diff bolting back down. This will put stress on the bolting that you don't need. If you have the stock rubber bushing. you might get away with it.

The other thing that I noticed. There is weld beads on both sides of the bends of the brace. It looks like when bending the metal to shape. The metal cracked at the bends. So they welded over the cracks to hide them.

Rusty
Quote:
Just seen this on the Z1 website.

"Thank you for your review. It has been submitted to the store owner for approval and should appear shortly."