View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 04:53 PM   #254 (permalink)
ZCanadian
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370Z
ZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
Honestly... I've driven the 86. It's a Honda vtec that spins the wheels in the back. That's the best way to describe. I mean. All of us being in Z's or better. I couldn't make this case. From where I see on paper. The Supra is comparable to a Camaro but in a Z size. That's what I'm talking about. So many years people done whined about wanting a 400hp Z and more torque. By some miracle of the car gods the most boring car company of the last 17 year's gets a fun transplant and he's making a case why it's more fun to be in a RWD Toyota civic. I'm just not in agreement with the fun factor of the 86. It doesn't rev high like the S2k. It doesn't have power like the Z and you have to pay mid 30s for a car with 205hp w/ track bits. I mean if you wanna low hp car that's meaningful? The s2k would've been it. Does that mean the 86 is a bad car? Not at all. Its just, none of us here should be looking at a starter sports car. We're past that point. Some will argue balance. Well then I'd say get a Cayman or a 4C. The 86 is something I'd buy if I had an 18 yr old son that needed to learn driving dynamics. And Porsches have big ole sedan windows that novice drivers will love. Me... I'm confident driving out of slit windows. Not a problem. So I wouldn't whine about visibility on track .
Spoken like a true American. :-P
Forget the windows. How many posts here are "if it only had a manual"? The 86 does. The Supra . . . might.

And forget the horsepower. Supra has the exact same horsepower per ton that the 370Z has. The reason to go to the new Toyota is the torque provided by the turbo motor. That's a fact.

BTW, the S2K is boring as hell to drive unless you rev it above 7K. That gets really old after a while on the street. Your neighbours won't love you, but you'll enjoy tinnitus for the rest of your life!

Most people (myself included) don't know how to handle a car well enough on track for the first several years anyway, and giving them all that HP is doing them a disservice. Putting them in a 400HP rocket usually only masks their mistakes. Giving it to them for the street - can you say "Mustang"?

Anyway, if this chart displays properly, then the only thing you need to figure in is the fun factor, which is too subjective to measure and will be different for everyone here...

EDIT - sorry - don't know how to make the chart appear larger. :-(
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2019-05-23 at 5.46.34 PM.png (54.5 KB, 25 views)
ZCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote