View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 11:35 AM   #252 (permalink)
ZCanadian
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370Z
ZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
What he's honestly saying that he's scared to drive any real high powered sports car the way he should. Cuz he's so on point about not crashing he's not having fun. His opinion of his liking is based on his lack of driving confidence in machines with small windows like the Supra, Z camaro and other sports cars that are brolic with slit style windows. He's honest about his skill level more than anything.
I think that what he's saying is that potential buyers should really look at what they want to do with the car and consider the value of the (known quantity) 86 as a benchmark. Especially given the price difference. No doubt they are two quite different vehicles.

The Supra may well be a far better car than he is a driver - that's not a bad thing, if you want to dedicate yourself to improving on the track. But it almost takes a racetrack to get the goodies out of something like the Supra. Not quite on a par with Porsche or supercars, but a more serious entry than the 86 which is just a blast to drive anywhere, period. The lesser Toyota can be driven at the limit in most situations, and therefore needs some major mods to satisfy a serious track driver as skill levels progress. The Supra is more capable, but on the street will be less fun.

I'm not trying to diminish the Supra in any way, but since 99.9% of people who buy either car will not ever even drive it past the gate of a race track, I think it is a fair comment and a comparison that needed to be made.

And if you look at Jason's other video's, he's definitely under-stating his own driving skills. He's done a lot of track driving with competent instruction, including the Porsche Winter Driving Experience. He's just not the type to go out and flog a car every weekend chasing tenths like some of us. He also hasn't learned many bad habits.

At first, by the title, I thought that it was going to just be click-bait. But after watching the video, I think it made sense.
ZCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote