View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 06:42 PM   #1142 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBiN~HURMiT View Post
Not to throw a wet blanket on the party ... but do you have a support system in place after you take 'er home?
My car threw an Service Engine Soon --- CEL light about a week ago and this is what I've been finding out:

No one wants to touch the car "If they didn't build it - they don't want to touch it".

The ECU seems to be locked or access blocked (EcuTek?) and an average scanner won't read the ECU.
I finally did find a guy who was able to read the codes but only after resorting to his $2500+ Autel MaxiSys scanner.
Won't get in to the long of it here, but the short of it is I might have to go stand alone computer for engine management...the tech says that is the way I need to go.

I'm having to seriously look in to it ...
My support system will be me. If you have Ecuteck on a laptop or the Bluetooth dongle with App on your phone you should be able to look at the codes. Yeap, taking it to a dealer or local repair shop is out.
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote