View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 09:47 PM   #1122 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slow370 View Post
the trouble with the vvel is that to set it properly you don't need a consult3 but you do need to to have the actuators in the correct position before setting the sensors. this is typically achieved using the plastic assembly hold fixtures that ship on new vvel actuator assemblies but other methods can be used. then from a fresh assemble the car is powered up with the motors disconnected so that the vvel control module doesnt move them out of postion while monitoring the voltage from each position sensor and setting it to the correct value per fsm. all you do with the consult is open that log channel. once the sensors are calibrated you plug the motors back in so the vvel can start working. plugging in the motors and turning the ignition on before setting the sensors base reading will move the vvel system out of mechanical position which wil move the position of the sensore once calibrated. That is the sole reason nissan tells you to throw out the actuators any time you take them, or their sensors off the motor, and to never run the calibration twice as when not from a fresh assembly you can not control the base position of the vvel system. to be clear when the ignition turns on the control module commands the vvel motors to sensor zero so if the sensor are not in the correct position it will move the actuators to match where the sensors are set now and no amount of performing the calibration procedure will help. unless the changed the software passed 2013 last time i had hands on vvel engine that still used actuators was a long time ago.
MA has done many of these. I have to think they have it down. My current issue is a problem that I had before I took the car to them. The car would feel flat and lazy. It was if I was only getting partial throttle. Shut the car off and cranked it back up. Same issue. First time I wiggled the connector on the drivers side throttle body. Cranked the car back up and I was good to go. Second time I wiggle just the cable. No change. Wiggled the connector, good as gold. 4th time I disconnected the drivers side throttle body connector. Plugged back in and all was good. It would only happen in the summer months on the way home from work. No codes, check engine light, Nothing. If the new throttle bodies doesn't fix the issue it has to be an issue with the VVEL. I will be stuck in TURBO BUILD HELL.
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote