View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 10:01 AM   #133 (permalink)
///maestro
Track Member

Drives: 11' 370z|09' BMW M3
///maestro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zewerr View Post
I finally got my coilovers, but they haven't been installed, yet. And a new diff is currently on it's way. So, my suspension is still bone stock except for the wheels/tires. I'm consistently finishing midpack with this setup in the open PAX classes around here, the biggest drawback, right now being my VLSD. But, you can definitely see the potential of the car once it's done. I've been playing around with camera mounts that mount to the rear strut bar, but am having trouble with stability, as you can see from Sunday's video.

I would love to take the car to nats this year to defend my STU title, but I have tickets to a concert on that Thursday. I may have to do a fly and drive in a Tue/Wed class, instead.
I'd say the right suspension setup would make more of a difference than the VLSD. From what I've read, the VLSD isn't "terrible" until it starts going, then eventually only 1 wheels spins at all times.

I Just ran my car for the first time at Gingerman raceway. WOW! Love the way I have the car configured so far. Word of wisdom, don't use EBC Red Stuff for track use!! I made a huge mistake and they started glazing (melting) causing my car to shake. Car handled very well and after months of building, adjusting, tweaking...I think the car performed very well. The whiteline swaybar I added paired with my coilovers worked very well. I do need to stiffen my front coilovers a bit as I was rubbing in hard cornering. I think I will get an OS Giken diff next season (over winter) along with some racing bucket seats and a roll cage.

As for my pad issue, I spoke to a few people, I'll be making the switch over to G-LOC pads.

ALSO! I learned that my buddy went through TWO sets of z1 2-piece rotors in a matter of a year due to hairline cracking. Keep this in mind when purchasing new rotors, I'd steer clear of z1 2piece!