View Single Post
Old 04-24-2019, 10:49 AM   #55 (permalink)
AstatenateZ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 370Z
AstatenateZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPenvy View Post
comparing a 12-13 ZL1, new ZL1, and hellcat to the GT-R is the dumbest thing i've seen today.

you're statement shows that you only car about the amount of HP and not what car you drive.

also, you must have a custom interior, because the interior in my GTR blows the Z's out of the water for materials and quality.

I care about cost, power and luxurious amenities, with a ZL1 having 580, 30k price tag used market, and just as many luxurious amenities as a GTR (i.e, alcantara dash, seats + leather, diff driving modes, heads up display, fully loaded entertainment center with nav, etc.) it seems like a much better financial decision. I'm a numbers man, if it don't make dollars, it don't make sense, right?

I'm 25, I bought my own home at 22, never had help from anyone, I have no debt minus my 2 assets (home/car) , I have a 824 credit score, multiple lines of credit that are at 0% utilization, served 4 years in AF, and learned a thing or 2 about financial stability. I was raised by a single mom, and grew up broke, not knowing if I'd eat the next day. I play things smart, plan, and work my a$$ off for all I got.

I can't justify spending 49-55k for an 09-12 GTR that makes 480 crank hp or even 545 crank hp out of the 14+ GTR for 65-80k... when there's options like hellcats for 45k with 700 crank hp, or ZL1 for 30k with 580 crank hp.

Finally, comparing a Z to GTR interior, yes I can do it.

I have 3 local friends with GTR's. 2009, 2013 and 2017 . The suede dash is much nicer than Z, but aside from that. The cheap fake looking carbon fiber around the shifter, meh. The seats in my touring/sport are just as nice as the GTR's suede/leather as mine is suede/leather too, the steering wheels are the same cheaper feel leather, but still nice, and I'd actually prefer all the leather stitched on the center console around the dash/stereo in Z, as opposed to the cheap looking plastic the GTR uses.

And to top things off that killed my spirits and I felt the pain from my friends is that most people think the Z is better/ faster than a GTR. We've been stopped at gas stations and of course real car people know GTR > Z ... but 90% of people have complimented my car over a GTR because they see 2 seater vs 4 seater, they see the curves on a Z, long hood and assume = better. I sh*t you not, some lady was complimenting my car, my friends GTR pulls up, she asked what GTR stood for, and she said that's a sporty family car you got (assuming she meant because it had a backseat) and told my friend it looked like a fatter version of her Altima coupe. And I felt the pain in my own chest.. Nissan's not really doing anything with the Z's or GTR's (i.e, have you seen the 50th edition??) Nissan is becoming very dated, quickly. And as sad as I'll be I think I'm going to have to move on to a different brand who's making moves forward. Not keeping cars the exact same for a decade.

Last edited by AstatenateZ; 04-24-2019 at 10:55 AM.
AstatenateZ is offline   Reply With Quote