View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 02:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
kntrider
Base Member

Drives: 14 370 S BLK M6
kntrider is on a distinguished road

All great advice in here!

I sold my '09 a few years ago and was always worried about CSC but fortunately I didn't experience it in my 3 years of ownership but the guy I sold it to had it fail within the year.

I recently picked up a '14 and am now paranoid about it so will look into getting it replaced.

I can't seem to find the petition for a recall or lawsuit that this site had, did anything come of that or did it get dismissed?

It used to be a sticky on the front page and had several hundred petitions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventruck View Post
Realistically:

All fluids
Tires
Brake Pads
Battery
Have a specialty shop (if available) instead of a dealer take a good look.
CSC HD or CMAK swap asap (which does mean you're replacing the CMC as well, at least)
Oil Cooler asap

Reality is, yes, that's expensive as hell to do in one shot. I'm just speaking in terms of the most robust way about it — like, how to generally take care of a used car you just acquired and don't truly know the history off firsthand, as well as addressing some two of the biggest issues with the car. It is possible that the tires/pads/battery/even fluids are ok if you have sort of documentation those got replaced recently. Oil cooler can wait a bit by just driving easy.

IMO the CSC can't wait. You don't want to deal with the hassle of the unexpected downtime, towing and associated possible mishandling in the process.
kntrider is offline   Reply With Quote