View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 08:43 AM   #119 (permalink)
MZ DAIZY
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Miss Daisy
MZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post

For you, the sports package wasn't worth it. You made modifications to the elements that you felt were most worthwhile and saved some money. Well done.

The fact still remains that the sports packages is an objectively excellent value for the performance upgrades over the base model. This is clear when you compare it to equivalent modifications and not just discount half the upgrades because you don't find them worthwhile.

You have no basis for arguing that your setup is better when you don't have all the sport package parts installed. Apples to oranges. 6MT w/ rev-match > 6MT w/o rev-match. Period. Regardless of whether you find the feature useful or not.
As someone who can heel toe I can understand why the “purists” think the rev match feature is silly. Personally I love it! If I ever feel the need to heel toe, I can turn it off. Problem solved.

Jeez, it’s not like manually shifting an automatic!

(running and ducking!)