View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 05:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
tommy_nick
Base Member

Drives: 10 nissan 370z m6
tommy_nick is on a distinguished road
Default need some help with Tesla style headunit

hello everyone

I decided to take a new project on my 2010 370z roadster with OEM nav unit , as most of you knows they never developed a Tesla style unit for the 370z " with nav unit" but I got my hand on Nissan patrol Tesla style unit which fits almost perfectly with the wiring that it came with I managed to make the sound fully work flawlessly with steering wheel control and Bose amp , but the problem I faced is the ac controller it never worked unless I connected every single OEM peice I took off including :-

1- ac + stereo face plate that it have it's own cercit board.
2- keypad " the one we use to navigate the OEM nav unit .
3- the OEM screen .
4- the OEM actual stereo player which is the silver big box that sets behind all of the mentioned stuff which includes the 6 CD changer .

keeping in mind I managed to get the sound fully working and controlled without all of this things , what my idea was is to connect the Tesla style unit and the face plate for ac controller with little bit of cutting to the plastic body only not the board and make everything work , but that didn't happen so now my main question is how to a fully bypass the 6 CD changer big silver box since it's the biggest unit that takes the most of the space that I barely have .

what I left with is the following " incase no one was able to help me " :-

1- convert my car ac controller to manual one which is really ugly with the big to rounded knobs that should be in a Ford f150 not 370z .... just kidding, even if that's possible and am not sure about it .

2- extend all the OEM wiring and connect all the OEM parts that I Discconeccted and place them somewhere in my tiny cabin while connecting the Tesla style unit and c if that will work .

so please help me
tommy_nick is offline   Reply With Quote