Thread: Tires
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 11:14 AM   #18 (permalink)
FPenvy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCanadian View Post
I had R888R on the 4C track wheels for a season. Depends on what you do with them. “Interesting” in the damp. Downright scary in wet conditions. Also had a fairly narrow temperature window where I believe that they could have actually stuck to a wall. They are hopeless when cold - couple of miles of aggressive driving would solve that, though. Sadly, they were prone to overheating - if that happens on a light car like mine, I think you’ll need to be careful with something as heavy as a GT-R.

I changed to RE71-R the following season, and for the price thougt they were a better answer. Useful almost from the first lap and much better in damp. Still a bit of overheating but not as much. Tire life about the same (600Km on these, and I might get one more track day out of them since I turned them on the wheels last fall). Would love to try the Cup 2’s, but they are quite expensive for my fitment, in my neck of the woods. Might give them a go next, though. Or maybe Trofeo R.
for my power level currently and usage being all street driving with some dragon runs i think the R888R's are not worth it. they dont have the life for that heavy bitch to be driven like that lol

now, when i'm FBO the GTR guys say they are a must for any straight line traction for those pulls on mexican highways.....

and i know the feeling. i got cup 2's in 285/35/20 and 325/30/20. they were not that cheap lol i did look into RE-71 in stock sizes butttttttt i went wider. i have issues
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony
FPenvy is offline   Reply With Quote