Thread: Saisei Knuckles
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 10:02 AM   #16 (permalink)
zer099
Base Member

Drives: '98 200sx; '09 G37x
zer099 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGTV8 View Post
I'm with Rusty - not sure about welding a cut/shut (even with bracing as shown) in a race car going thru T1 at Philip Island GP circuit or thru McPhillamy at Bathurst
I understand your concern, and I don't make this product, but as a person with welding skills and someone who has seen quality welding for a large portion of my life and been formally educated on the craft: any professional welder will tell you if done right, that weld is most likely stronger then the rest of the piece. However, if done wrong it is a weak link with a lot of lateral load. I just wanted to say this, not to start anything, but point out that actually the weld is most likely the strongest part of it, but only if done correctly.

As an example of billet isn't needed (but is super nice bling) the wisefab kit is pretty much all welded sheet metal: Nissan 370Z Front Lock Kit. And teams have been using it with no issues for a few years now on track and drift.

For the price range the OP is looking to get (I've seen these on FB) it is a killer deal, IMO (which is a grain of salt to many). This is a good example of innovation over throwing money at something I feel.