View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 12:15 PM   #51 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
The jeweled Z is the Auto. Sorry manual guys but it's true. At the time it came out. It was the best tranny under a DCT.
I hated it. My CX5 has a much better auto than the Z. I drove the Z, and it's super upshift happy. Floor it at say, 40mph, it takes off, lift, floor it again, and it's going to get caught mid-upshift and BOOM! It will slam the hell out of the car DS'ing again. Made the sales rep chic scream when I did it when she kept badgering me to buy it and I told her it had nasty quirks and she demanded to be shown. My CX5s, both the 2015 and the 2019, would not do that. If you floor it and lift, it holds the gear for a few seconds in anticipation t hat you're likely going to hit it again in short order. VERY well sorted, engine brakes for you as well, etc. Maybe Nissan has updated their tuning since I drove a 2012?
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote