View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 12:11 PM   #50 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
Yup. Since I got rid of my Jeep and have been driving Mazdas, life has gotten way better. 100% JDM, preferably Toyota/Mazda/Lexus (models made in Japan, only), for me. (I had a 370Z, and it had a host of QA/QC issues which led to dumping it before the 3/36 went out).

Truth, my 370Z showed me that Nissan is the Chrysler of Japan. Grinding transmission that got worse when it rained (wtf?), brake warping issues, power-steering pump louder than an '03 Terminator's SC. Glitch NAV that would black-screen from time to time. Got rid of it at the 34K mile mark as I recall (and bought an actual Chrysler, which I regretted, rofl!) Have since gone over to Mazda, put about 100K miles on the CX5 platform, and now with my CX5 Turbo find it a pretty solid blend of performance vs. luxury vs. daily usefulness. Definitely gone over to the Toyota/Lexus/Mazda (models made JDM only) camp.
The jeweled Z is the Auto. Sorry manual guys but it's true. At the time it came out. It was the best tranny under a DCT.