View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 11:15 PM   #43 (permalink)
markesc
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2014 370z M.B. 7AT
markesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tractionless View Post
As a 7AT owner I can't wait to hear the outcome.

I full flushed per JCHammond's directions at 72k when I got the car. 10k later I dumped the pan and the fluid was still red so I simply refilled. I'll go in 15k later and see what it looks like on a pan dump next time. I have a Hayden trans. cooler sitting in holding pattern for when my front bumper cover comes off for headlight mods. I'm also working with an ECUtek tuner firming up shifts so as to save the friction plates. The car is only street driven but sometimes spiritedly.
Yeah still rolling in the loaner 2019 Sentra... basically you have to plan an 1/8th of a mile ahead if you want to be in a certain lane at a certain time, because there really is NO power. I mean, none. A prius is faster. It beats walking and it's strangely calming to drive, but made me realize one thing: 99.9% of the cars/vehicles on the road are boring and just "fit in" and now I'm one of them! I just don't see Nissan lasting much longer selling cars like the Sentra...

So apparently they had to order a transmission from NY and have it shipped here, "2-3 weeks" So I think it's been about 2 weeks, so perhaps I'll get the car back this coming week...

My latest theory:

1) Transmission fluid wasn't changed til 40k miles, and either that was simply too late and damage was done up until that point (and yes, I asked starting around 20k miles, and got the "it's a sealed transmission/100k miles speech), or
2) The wrong fluid/under/over fill occurred when it was done
3) Bad luck...

I think a Stillen Transmission cooler will be ordered once I get the car back and if everything seems fine. I'll only have 12months/12k mile warranty on the new transmission, then, I'm on my own with the thing.

In the big picture: If this doesn't work, or it breaks again, I'll just have a transmission built as that's still going to be cheaper than starting over with a newer car and going into debt (Short of a new job that pays more, then I'd keep it and get a lexus product as a daily/shoulda kept my sc300).

Is this the one to buy?

https://www.stillen.com/performance/...ooler-kit.html

(something tells me that the only reason it didn't come stock with the car was: a) cost savings b) risk/reliability with running additional lines c) Nissan doesn't adequately stress test vehicles before putting out into the market (the cvt lawsuits are a perfect example).
markesc is offline   Reply With Quote