View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 12:51 PM   #106 (permalink)
2SIC4U
Base Member

Drives: 2010 Nissan 370Z R
2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slow370 View Post
Tell me about it. When the tester rejects the kit because the vaccuum line used for the bov doesn't have the latest and greatest sae vapor retention rating. Fml on carb only way stillen gets kits through is because they are in the system already. It 10's of thousands of dollars for a company to have its first kit certified. Oh and cold starts a bitch with anything over 600cc/min injectors. That's why gtm never got their kit certified yet stillen did. Smaller injectors in the stillen carb kit are for cold starts also why it is such a **** tune out of the box to meet emissions.
That is funny as my Whipple kit has 1050cc injectors and starts up and runs smooth as butter. 0 issues with cold starts or at idle. Leave my car in out over night in 20 degrees and starts right up without any issues. It's all about that tune which it is hard to find a tuner that really knows what they are doing. Thankfully I have Eugene Turkov from Cali remote tuning my Z using ECUTEK. I car should pass carb tests with flying colors but getting through all the politics is anyones guess.