View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 11:33 PM   #35 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
I would recommend the brake pads be top of your list. Next would be the galley gasket replacement. Then the CJM RRP fuel pump kit to prevent starvation. The very next thing I would recommend would be an diff upgrade. Wavetrac or OS Giken. The OS Giken will need a diff cooler. You can get by without it with the Wavetrac. The Clutch diff will generate a ton of heat. Oil pressure gauge would be wise but not a gotta have now. Going back to look at your list again.
Brake pads are a consumable. To be switched out for track and street if necessary. Carbotechs for track. TBD for street if I don't like the Carbotechs on the street. I love how easy the Akebonos make it

So that's one confirmation for the galley gasket. I think it needs to happen. I really feel like it's not worth the risk to track it after 100K miles of DD.

Already have the CJM RRP kit. Even came with an extra Walboro fuel pump that I will put up for sale. I do still need some missing bits to install the RRP kit plus the top hat. Very tempted to DIY. Not difficult; just tedious.

I really want the diff. Just can't swing it yet. And it's a good single item upgrade to save for. Doesn't create quite the downward spiral of other work like taking apart the front of the engine does. Good to know on the cooler

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote