View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 07:11 PM   #24 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodz View Post
Haha, who said anything about numbers in that way. The power band with their kit pretty good for the track. You asked for suggestions so I put it out there.
Didn't mean to assume... It just seems like a lot of people that go for the kit are only looking for good NA numbers. And for the limited power increase, I'd prefer to spend that money on seat time at the track. I'm just trying to build the car up so it will last for a few years while I get ready for the big leagues lol

But that's the kind of useful information I like
More research now

Quote:
As far as the oil pump gears go I am just giving you the same information I got from Seb. I ran the CJ Motorsports oil pump gears and my OEM oil pump for two years and never had an issue until my rods fatigued. You got choices and nothing is a guaranty! You got to pay to play with a track toy.
Sounds good to me. I didn't realize CJM made gears - I don't see them on the website. I'm pretty much ready to play. My goal is to build up the car and replace parts that are likely to break at all once before instead of in phases as stuff breaks.

Quote:
Oh, and you will need to add tires to the list as well. You will need set aside a tire fund as they are your number one most costly consumable.
Don't remind me. I opened a separate savings account just for tires. Been feeding into it for several months now. I think I'll probably roll on your Nismo wheels to start, but definitely keeping an eye out for deals on some square 18s with proper offsets.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote