View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 03:45 PM   #1692 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLarson View Post
This mental image made me laugh.

And yeah, my first backpacking trip was at age 8, dad brought myself and 2 of my brothers to the Davis Path in New Hampshire. I did that trail again a couple years ago - can't believe I did that at age 8! Go me! Definitely a lot of great moments. No exploding spaghetti O's though.

Few years back, some of my siblings took a trip with their friends. My brother Dan was kind of known for his fanatical weight lifting, so my sister Becky stuck a dumbbell in his backpack as a prank. Dan starts to put the pack on, realizes it's heavy and unbalanced, opens it and finds the weight.

Not realizing that it's a prank, his buddy Dave Buckler says "Wait, you're bringing that on the trail?!"

Without missing a beat, Dan responds that yes, how else is he going to keep lifting?

With a look of utter despair, Dave says "no wonder you Larsons are so fit, you're crazy! I'll never catch up with you!"

Okay if we are going to tell camping stories that need to be done with your favorite adult beverage and around a camp fire or at ZDAYZ. I have forgotten more than I can remember as I to was boy scout, a member of the high school back packing club and spent a career in the wilds as a Game Warden. Yep some stupid stuff happened on many of those outing including many exploding cans of whatever the flavor of day was or firecrackers and bottle rockets. Then we had a thing we did called Game Warden Games win everyone was good and liquored up. Oh yeah....good time.
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|
Hotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote