View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 05:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
redondoaveb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Nismo Gunmetal
redondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcrimzon View Post
The coolant lines would get really hard when the car was running and I thought that it had something to do with why the temperature kept going up and down. So I replaced the thermostat and the problem went away. About a day of driving it came back so I took it into a shop. The guy tried to do a coolant test on the car but it had a heavy amount of pressure coming out of the radiator cap. The coolant damn near hit the ceiling of the place. When the car was running you can see what looks like exhaust coming out of the opening. The tech said that is why he feels that I have a head gasket failer.

I hadn't driven my z for about 2 years and I had to move it from San Diego to AZ. I took the car for a wheel alignment and about 5 minutes into the drive my car was acting funny. I looked at the temp gauge and it was maxed out. I pulled over and got a tow. I took the car into a shop and they said that I didn't cause any damage. Looking back now I am not sure how they would have known that without taking the engine apart. What had happened was I had a coolant line come loss and I was out of coolant. So I was driving the car for a few minutes without coolant. I think that was the start of the head gasket damage. I think that driving it out here finally sent it over the top and cause it to come open.

Anyone know if I can get an engine for my car that is a vq37vhr or do I have to get a 09/10? From what I read or could find I need an engine that is from those years for my car. Also, do I need one that is from a manual as mine is a manual or can I get one that is from an auto?
If you find out you can use a newer model, hit me up, the motor I'm selling has less than 3700 miles out of my manual 2017.
Fast Intentions "Stage Seb" twin turbo #098- Specialty Z/Tial-Xonarotor/CJM/Ecutek/HKS/KW/SPL/Hotchkis/Rohana/Toyo
700+whp
redondoaveb is offline   Reply With Quote