View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 11:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
nis350
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
nis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond repute

You're lucky that you can still start the car. As other stated, you probably should start with the battery, it should be at least 12.4v or above without turning on anything. It should be close to 14v when the engine is running (alternator charging).

The fact that you can still start the car when the battery is charged up a bit, your fuses are probably fine. Fuse is binary, it is either on or off. Alternator/regulator don't come in until the engine is running. I suspected that the internal of the battery is damaged when you shorted the cable clamps together.

Consider yourself very lucky if a new battery fixed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskofwraith View Post

i never jumped the car before so i tried to jump. but the positive jumper cable slipped and touched the negetive terminal for a good 10 secs. the cable melted for a bit but i pulled it out somehow.

Then i jump started the car successfully, but now the car won't start without a jump.

if i leave the jumper cables for a bit , i think it charges the battery somewhat , and i can start the car 2 or 3 times. Then i n ed to jump again or let the battery charge using the jumper cables.

Thank you

Last edited by nis350; 02-09-2019 at 11:11 PM.
nis350 is online now   Reply With Quote