View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 06:39 PM   #115 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZeda View Post
Performance wise, the DCT is the way to go, but if one wanted to daily drive a Supra, don't you see the ZF transmission as a better choice? Probably the most impressive aspect of the M240i xDrive was the smoothness in which it accelerated. I was actually shocked how much I liked it.
I think a DCT is the purer choice... Isn't the Supra a sports car? It's a shame people want to soften up the feel of a sports car to daily drive it. Sports cars are meant to be driven for fun. Not for groceries... I think this is why companies make crossovers. Cuz people can't appreciate the mechanical feel of the DCT or manual transmission. Every one wants the sports car but want to take all the visceral nature out of these cars. I guess electric cars will succeed because people want the muted pussification of the driving experience. I guess im old but i personally think DCT and manual are the only ways to go. Clunk and all.