View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 06:16 PM   #57 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

This a conversation best severed with alcohol lol. I am not in disagreement about how the law is enforced or not. There should be a standard procedure for testing a vehicle's exhaust sound level if the stop is made without an officer getting the sound from a position the meets with the standard set forth by the law.

On Rusty's point about an officer's hearing may not be a very strong case because if with my hearing I say it's loud well it is loud lol. The other way law enforcement agencies deal with such things is to apply training. They simply have a number of vehicles that are over and under the limit and test officers accuracy. Officers then will be told to only stop vehicles that are way above the limit if the situation doesn't allow for the sound to be captured properly with the sound equipment and then the vehicle should be tested per protocol.

Issues for law enforcement are getting all of this to line up. Also they have deal with how long they detaining the operator. They cannot hold you forever or make you take unreasonable steps to get to a conclusion. Believe me these type of policies or laws that come down from on high are not popular with those that have to do the enforcement as well. I have real world experience with laws such as this and there is no win for reasonable people. I don't consider the FI exhaust to be over the top but when laws like this happen....innocent people are turned into criminals!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|
Hotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote