View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 09:18 AM   #48 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1600 View Post
3db is like 22% increase in noise. The difference between 80db to 90db is HUGE.

It's 2019, you don't need to make noise to generate power. Quiet down, find a way to make your power without ruining it for everyone. There is a reason why Laguna Seca cap most track days at 90DB, loud cars are annoying.
I think there is a point where we all agree that it is just noise a becomes more of an annoyance than pleasure. Ddbs are a logarithmic calculation and so each increase or decrease in dbs is significant because it is exponential. I am see several company making cut outs to deal with the noise issue.

"There is a reason why Laguna Seca cap most track days at 90DB"

This only had do with rich people moving in next to a track that had been there for a long time. Prime property and the owners have enough money and power to get the noise level changed. This has happened with flight paths for air planes and shooting ranges. I spent much of my career dealing with the NIMBY effect when the State owned shooting range had been there for decades and the city came to it and people where powerful enough to get some ranges shut down. Fortunately there was a law past to protect shooting ranges from unreasonable attacks from the public.
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|
Hotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote