View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 12:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

Kind of late to the party and want to echo all the advise given. I am not an experienced driver as those which have commented or as you are. That being said I have seen what you are experiencing first hand as my track partner has a 2014 1le Camaro and he has gone through brakes and rotors like mad. He brakes hard and deep squaring off his corners. He lays down some pretty good times, I was slightly faster before my long layoff lol. Before he added brake ducting his brake and rotor were consistently 400* warmer than mine. His brakes got so hot hot he turned the Brembo red paint to...well let's just say they were darker than me, LMAO. I have provided the same advise above to him and he had not really listened until recently because even though he is getting faster other with our same experience are getting even faster. We had a 7 or 8 time National Auto Cross champion show up (Brian Peters) with a 2018 ss Camaro and wiped everyone's *** in Time Trials and Time Attack. My buddy asked him about what I said and he told him exactly what has been stated here.

For what it worth I blew my engine and now I waiting for it to be rebuilt. I bought a Miata and it is a blast. It is also exposing my faults. My plan is not to go back to the Z until my race craft improves as suggested above. When I become fast in slow car...then it will be game on in the Z!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|

Last edited by Hotrodz; 01-18-2019 at 12:22 PM.
Hotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote