View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 01:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
frost
Retired admin

Drives: Your Wife Crazy
frost frost frost frost frost frost frost frost frost frost frost

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDave View Post
Frost, we're talking the exact same engine here. My guess is that the only difference in the 332 HP (Base) vs 350 HP (Nismo) is an overrating of the exhaust on the Nismo side. Since the exhaust is true dual it's going to be less restrictive thus giving the Nismo a slight edge. I'll be the first to admit that I buy an exhaust system for the sound and not the extra ponies. So given all that, what common sense argument says that the Base model is faster? I'll even give you that it may be equal but not faster.
:shrug: I'm not an engineer, so I honestly dont know why the regular would be faster than the nismo. Drag from the wing and other body kit parts? The difference in suspension not good for hooking up?

I just know we have someone who ran them back to back, and the touring was faster (forget the base). That being said, I do believe there could be variation. I know when I go to the track, there can be a difference in the numbers with the same car. So I would be willing to agree with you that they may be just about equal. But even if that were the case, and they are about equal, what is the justification for paying all that extra money?

And the answer can't be handling, because if memory serves me, the nismo did worse on the skidpad in most of the mags tests as well.

Last edited by frost; 01-30-2010 at 01:41 PM.
frost is offline   Reply With Quote