View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 11:23 AM   #86 (permalink)
FPenvy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fork View Post
It depends on which county you live in. I live in Washington County and I do not have cats. As long as the CEL is off and all my readiness monitors (except one) are responding, I will pass inspection. There is no required check to make sure you have emission controls for Washington County.

I think this is the website you can check to see if your county requires emission control devices: PA DEP I/M - Information for Pittsburgh Area Drivers

I'm guessing you live in the Pittsburgh Region (Allegheny, Beaver, Washington, and Westmoreland Counties) and it doesn't look like any of those counties require cats. Just make sure that you can keep you CEL off with the test pipes. You may need to put on O2 sensor extenders on your downstream O2 sensors if you are getting a CEL.

Wash county!? Means you’re kinda close by then lol

I’m in beaver county and went to college just south of you.

But I agree. I have ran no cats since 2011 when I bought my Z. Never failed due to no CEL and everything checking out on the computers. Now there is one way to fail and that’s visual inspection. Don’t go to like a firestone store or something. They will put it on a lift and can see the cats are gone since it’s usually younger kids working who know that’s a thing we do.
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony
FPenvy is offline   Reply With Quote