View Single Post
Old 12-29-2018, 12:05 AM   #96 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxx View Post
In this thread he said the intake was 3k ...and if you replace the intercooler to match it I would assume 1200 ish .....then retuning etc ....this would be a pricy upgrade over a ported upper and lower if the performance gains are similar
To be entirely frank, this manifold and intercooler arrangement would most likely be a practice in futility if the intentions were to find significant power gains in applications under 1000hp. Our DE manifolds picked up HUGE power gains, but that is cause the stock DE manifold sucks. So far, the VHR manifold is very comfortable at power higher than almost anyone is running a VHR.

At least, that is my GUESS. Perhaps I am wrong, and perhaps we will be pleasantly surprised to see dramatic effects come into play much sooner. There is just one way to find out.