View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 01:43 AM   #66 (permalink)
Jinxx
Track Member

Drives: 2017 nismo 370z
Jinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6mt370 View Post
Who told you that the spring in the WG has to be close to what you're actually going to be putting out? I have had an 11psi spring on a single 44mm Tial WG in my Supra for years and on high boost it sees 30+psi. The car has never had any boost issues either. Boost control is absolutely perfect and has never over boosted once.
Your waste gate spring pressure should be where the wastegate opens at without any boost controlling devices ... 11lbs spring should yield ~11lbs boost .. of course you can increase it with controllers .. point was that you should know what spring/boost you are running before adding controllers especially if you are over boosting .... I would never use a boost controller to fight a over boost condition .. I would swap springs to lower than desired set point add a controller to increase as desired

Last edited by Jinxx; 12-13-2018 at 01:53 AM.
Jinxx is offline   Reply With Quote